I was working for a client and could not find a way to send purchase order confirmation as an email using smtp and not with outlook.
It turns out, AX sends batch mails as smtp, but single mails are sent using outlook, this is decided in SRSReportRunMailer->initMailer.
To send it as email for all invoices, all I needed to do was copy the code as in batch and paste it for non batch. Just make sure it is what they need, as it will effect all sales and purchase documents.

I tried this and it failed in this.parmSysMailerNet() method. This method calls _mailer.smtRelayServer(...,SysEmailParameters::Password()..). The password method fails on the call cryptoblob2str(WinapiServer::cryptUnprotectData(cryptoBlob)). I was wondering how you overcame the problem. The AX client for us runs on a terminal server, which is different from the AX server. I was wondering about your environment in which it worked.
ReplyDeleteThanks.
Hi, I did not have the same problem. Our set up was the same, AX was running on a terminal server which was different from the AOS server.
ReplyDeleteFrom the call stack you provided, it looks like something is wrong with the passwords.